Bringing High Availability Clustering support, better Ad Blocking, more improvements and some bug fixes; Sensei 1.4 release is out for OPNsense firewall.
Starting from $9.99/month for home users, and $39/month for commercial users, all of Sensei’s subscription options can be purchased easily from the Sensei User Interface.
To learn how Premium Subscriptions add on top of Free Features, see: Premium vs Free
Also, you might want to check out this review on Home Network Blog for an in-depth review and feature comparison.
What’s cooking for Sensei in 2020?If you are curious to know what is next for Sensei; we have an offer for you. Spare your 30 seconds and fill out “Sensei Roadmap Survey” now and have the opportunity to shape Sensei’s future:
What’s new in Sensei 1.4 for OPNsense?
High Availability Clustering
- Automatic Sensei configuration synchronization between OPNsense HA cluster nodes (Premium feature)
- 74 new applications recognized (mostly for better Ad Blocking)
- Optimized Cloud Query Caching
- Europe-2 cloud server has been introduced for additional capacity for Europe continent
- Tool tips for policy screens
- Fixed an issue where in some rare occasions rules were not communicated with the engine properly
- Fixed Ad blocking for Android apps
Reporting & Analytics
- Mongodb: if indexes are broken, Sensei now tries to automatically fix them before reporting error
- OPNsense Dashboard Widget: fixed caching bug
- Fixed custom dates in reporting date filters
- Fixed a few minor cosmetic issues with cicada theme
- Health: check and warn if /var directory is mounted on a tmpfs filesystem
- Health: check and warn if the protected interface has jumbo frames (mtu larger than 1500)
- Health: if a bypass event occurs due to cpu/ram/swap, Sensei now logs the top resourse intensive processes
- Health: continuously check and warn if any Sensei interface is also in use by Suricata
- Installer: re-try cpu check if it is not successfull for the first time
- Interface configuration widget Firefox/mobile browser compatibility is re-visited and fixed
- Other performance and reliability improvements