We are super happy to keep our promise. With Sensei 1.1, released officially as of today, you are able to run Sensei on low-end devices with limited horsepower. Now you can enjoy next generation features on your favorite device 😉 Read on the see the list of all new features that are shipping with 1.1…
Better low-end device support
- Support for low-end devices with weak CPUs. Try Sensei on your Deciso A10 / APU devices. Yes! with reporting 🙂
- Minimum RAM requirement lowered to 2GB
- See updated Hardware Requirements
New security features for the Premium Edition:
- Protection against malware, virus, phishing attacks which have recently came into existence, mostly within zero to one week timeframe.
- Blocking sites which utilize Dynamic DNS services. Although Dynamic DNS itself isn’t malicious, it could be a sign of other problems, abuses or threats to your network’s security.
- Blocking Newly registered domains which are an effective tool for threat actors. From a security perspective, there are very few reasons someone would need to visit a domain that has just come online; likely, they were sent there via a URL from a malicious campaign.
- Blocking Newly Recovered sites. Like newly registered sites, sites which have undergone a long period silence and become recently up might be also be used by the attackers. Sites which has a good reputation history are especially used by the cyber criminals to evade reputation-based security mechanisms.
- Blocking Dead Sites, which are not actively maintained. These sites are also a good candidate for cyber criminals for launching their attacks.
More Interface Support
- lagg(4) and bridge(4) interface members can be protected now
New Cloud Servers Infrastructure goes live
- New less-latency cloud servers for US-West, US-East, Asia and Australia regions
- New web category/threat intelligence database
- Improved/faster cloud query mechanism
- Better availability
- Status screen now shows uptime in a prettier format
- Reporting Performance Improvements (Reports load faster (a lot faster :))
- Long-awaited OPNsense Dashboard Widget
Sensei automatically gets updated to the recent release when you do a OPNsense update.
If you want to update Sensei only, you can do that. Just navigate to Sensei -> Status page. Click on “Check for Updates” for the engine. You’ll be guided for the rest.
You can install Sensei via OPNsense Plugins page (System > Firmware > Plugins). You need to install os-sunnyvalley and os-sensei plugins.
Your Sensei team