This is a minor reliability release fixing a few issued reported for 0.6 release.
Sensei 0.6.1 fixes these issues reported by users who are using 0.6 release:
- A check added to Interface Configuration menu, preventing Sensei from being assigned to an interface which is in use by Suricata. User interface now shows a Warning popup recommending a workaround to assign WAN interface to Suricata and Sensei to LAN interface.
- In Proxmox/QEMU/KVM deployments, Sensei UI Configurator filters out virtio based ethernet interfaces. This check is to prevent an underlying problem with netmap-virtio which results in traffic forwarding to stop.
- Web Filtering: Unknown sites – sites which Sensei categorization database did not have any information for – were not filtered. A patch has been applied to fix this problem.
- Web Filtering: Undecided sites – sites which Sensei categorization database did not have the final decision for – were not filtered. A patch has been applied to fix this problem.
- If filtering was enabled for some applications, you were not able to apply the new configuration. A patch has been applied to fix this problem.
How to update?
Navigate to Sensei > Status
You’ll see that you have an update pending for 0.6.1:
If you don’t see it yet, click on “Check for updates” to initiate the update check.
Sensei will report that new updates are pending:
Just click on Install, and Sensei will start downloading & installing the update:
When the update is applied, just click on OK to confirm, and you’re good to go.