SUNNY VALLEY CYBER SECURITY INC.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: September 20, 2021
See the previous version linked here.
If you are unsure as to the terms of this Agreement, please do not proceed further and contact us at [email protected]
PLEASE READ THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING AND MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS AND LIMITS REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF CERTAIN DISPUTES.
INTRODUCTION TO SUNNY VALLEY AND OUR SOFTWARE
ELIGIBILITY & ACCESS RESTRICTIONS
- Subscription Software Product. Subject to your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-licensable, non-sublicensable license to (i) access and use our Website or Platform and content made available in or otherwise accessible through our Website or Platform, and/or (ii) install our Software, strictly in accordance with this Agreement.
- Beta Software. From time to time, Sunny Valley may make Beta Software available to you as a Subscription Software Product for access and use in accordance with the licenses granted above in Section 4, subject to the terms and conditions in this section. “Beta Software” means any Subscription Software Product that is designated by Sunny Valley as being in “beta” or pre-release status. Sunny Valley may terminate any license to Beta Software immediately without prior notice and may disable your access to the Beta Software. To the extent that you provide any comments, feedback, or other input with respect to the Beta Software, you grant to Sunny Valley a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free right to use and exploit such feedback for its business purposes, including for purposes of improving Sunny Valley’s current and future products. Sunny Valley reserves the right not to release a commercial version of the Beta Software, or, if it chooses to proceed with a commercial release, to incorporate features, specifications, capabilities, functions, license terms, pricing, or other characteristics that differ from the Beta Software. You agree and acknowledge that Beta Software is not suitable for production use and may contain errors adversely affecting its proper operation. Unless and until Sunny Valley notifies you to the contrary, you agree not to share or disclose to any third party any non-public information regarding the Beta Software or its features, bugs, performance, or operation.
- Additional Terms. The use of particular Subscription Software Products may be subject to additional or supplementary terms and conditions, which Licensee will be given the opportunity to review and accept prior to the activation of your Subscription. If Licensee elects to proceed with activating a Subscription to a Subscription Software Product to which supplementary terms and conditions apply, such additional or supplementary terms and conditions shall be incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
- Prohibitions. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon our Website, Platform, or Software, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit our Website, Platform, or Software, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. When using and accessing our Website, Platform, or Software, you need to make sure that your internet connection is adequate. You are solely responsible for your internet connection including and not limited to the applicable charges, rates, tariffs, and other fees that might apply.
- Confidentiality. You acknowledges that you may obtain information relating to the Subscription Software Product, including, but not limited to, any code, technology, know-how, ideas, algorithms, testing procedures, structure, interfaces, specifications, documentation, bugs, problem reports, analysis and performance information, and other technical, business, product, and data (the “Confidential Information”). You shall not disclose Confidential Information to any third party or use Confidential Information for any purpose other than the use of the Subscription Software Product in accordance with this Agreement.
- Referral credits have no cash value and hence cannot be redeemed for cash. Credits can only be applied to the referring organization’s Sunny Valley Networks Zenarmor® (Sensei)® subscription plans.
- Your organization’s account balance will be credited 10% of the amount paid by the referred organization on any first monthly/annual paid subscription, starting after the referred organization has signed up for a paid plan.
- If the referred organization prepays for a year or qualifies for any other discount resulting in a lower monthly/annual subscription rate, the lower rate will be used in calculating any referral credits.
- Referrals expire after one year. If a referred organization signs up for a paid plan for more than one year after the referral date, no referral credit will be provided.
- No referral credit will be given to any organization that is not a Sunny Valley Networks Zenarmor (Sensei) Cloud Portal member at the time of the referral.
- No referral credit will be given for referring an organization that has already been referred to us or is an existing Sunny Valley Networks Zenarmor (Sensei) customer or Cloud Portal member.
- A maximum of one organization or person will be awarded referral credit for each new customer referred to.
- The referred new customer must purchase at least one Zenarmor (Sensei) Subscription paid subscription and be in good standing for at least 90 days after the purchase prior to issuing the award.
- Credits earned will be available after 90 days on any monthly/annual Zenarmor (Sensei) subscription purchase.
- Referral credits will automatically be applied in the form of a credit to the organization’s monthly/annual invoice.
- Sunny Valley Networks makes the final decision regarding the referral program awards and reserves the right to change or end the referral program at any time without prior notice to you.
ACCESS AND SERVICE RESTRICTIONS
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
REQUIRED CONDUCT AND PROHIBITED CONDUCT
- Required Conduct
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, tax laws, export control laws and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to Sunny Valley and update from time to time as may be necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by Sunny Valley, if any, concerning our Website, Platform, or Software.
- Prohibited Conduct
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit our Website, Platform, or Software (excluding any user content);
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher, capture screen shots, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide our Website, Platform, Software, or any part thereof;
- Utilize information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from our Website, Platform, or Software to provide any service that is competitive with us;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Sunny Valley unless you have entered into a written agreement with us;
- Adapt, modify, or create derivative works based on our Website, Platform, or Software or technology underlying our Website, Platform, or Software or other users’ content, in whole or in part;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to our Website, Platform, or Software or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Access, reload, or “refresh” or make any other request to transactional servers that are beyond generally accepted usage of web-based applications;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to “scrape”, “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the Website;
- Use automated methods to add contacts or send messages;
- Engage in “framing”, “mirroring”, or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of our Website;
- Attempt to or actually access our Website, Platform, or Software by any means other than through the interface provided by Sunny Valley;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying our Website, Platform, or Software;
- Engage in any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Website, Platform, or Software, including those of both Sunny Valley or any of our licensors;
- Use any information obtained from our Website, Platform, or Software to harass, abuse, or harm another user; or
- Engage in any action or promote any content that is harmful, offensive, illegal, unlawful, discriminatory, dangerous, profane, or abusive.
SUNNY VALLEY COMMUNICATIONS
- Subscription Fees. We offer a free version of our one or more Subscription Software Products for installation at no cost to users. For users interested in our premium features, users can pay an annual or monthly subscription fee to use such premium features. In the event that we modify our subscription fee in the future, we will communicate such modification to you as per the procedure detailed under Section 19 or as otherwise specified in another agreement between Sunny Valley and you.
- Payment Authorization. You agree to make the foregoing payments (including any applicable taxes) via a valid credit card, PayPal, or other authorized payment method, and authorizes Sunny Valley to automatically charge such amounts against the credit card, PayPal, or other applicable payment information furnished by you to Sunny Valley via our third party payment processor. You agree to provide Sunny Valley with a valid credit card and accurate, complete, and updated information required by the payment information interface on the Website. You authorize Sunny Valley to automatically charge the applicable fees at the beginning of each month (or at such other billing interval as you may select using the account setup function on the Subscriptions page of the Website), until you elect to terminate the subscription to one or more Subscription Software Products in accordance with the terms of each individual subscription. All payments are non-refundable unless otherwise allowed by Sunny Valley’s current published warranty and refund policies. Sunny Valley may immediately suspend access to and use of any Subscription Software Products and its provision of related updates, if any, if you fail to provide a valid means of payment for any of the amounts due hereunder.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our Website or Platform that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
ANTI-BRIBERY AND EXPORT COMPLIANCE
RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION
- Binding Arbitration
- No Class Arbitrations, Class Actions or Representative Actions
- Federal Arbitration Act
- Notice; Informal Dispute Resolution
- Authority of Arbitrator
- Rules of AAA
- Opt-Out Right
Sunny Valley Networks has developed a network security product (the “Subscription Software Product” or “Software”) that has a unique agile ability to be able to deliver advanced network security in a wide range of environments.
To be eligible to use our Website or Platform or to install our Software, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you: (a) are 18 years of age or older; (b) are not currently restricted from accessing our Website or Platform or installing our Software, or not otherwise prohibited from having an account, (c) are not our competitor, or are not using our Website, Platform, or Software for reasons that are in competition with us; (d) will only maintain one registered account at any given time; (e) have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (f) will not violate any of our rights, including intellectual property rights such as patent, copyright, and trademark rights; and (g) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, browser software, and internet access necessary to use our Website, Platform, or Software.
YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, PLATFORM, OR SOFTWARE. WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. THERE IS NO WARRANTY WHICH WILL EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. ANY DAMAGE ALLEGED FOR A LOSS OR INJURY IS LIMITED TO THE FEE, IF ANY, PAID TO SUNNY VALLEY FOR THE ABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE, PLATFORM, OR SOFTWARE.
You agree that our Platform and Software, including but not limited to the Website, graphics, trademarks, and editorial content, contains proprietary content, information, and material, which are owned by Sunny Valley and/or our licensors, including our customers, brands and agencies, and are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright. You agree that you will not use such proprietary content, information or materials other than for your permitted use of our Platform or in any manner that is inconsistent with the terms contained in this Agreement.
You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on our Website, Platform, or Software, in any manner, and you will not exploit our Website, Platform, or Software in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, using our Website or Platform to transmit any computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malware, or by trespassing or burdening network capacity. You further agree not to use our Website or Platform in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that we are not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive, infringing or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using our Website or Platform.
You acknowledge and agree that our Website, Platform, and Software are provided for your use. Except to the extent necessary to access and use our Website, Platform, and Software, nothing in this Agreement grants any title or ownership interest in or to any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights in or relating to our Website, Platform, and Software, whether expressly, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. Sunny Valley and its licensors and service providers reserve and will retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to our Website, Platform, and Software, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement. There are no implied licenses under this Agreement, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved.
As a condition to access and use our Website, Platform, or Software, you agree to this Agreement and to strictly observe the following:
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Sunny Valley and our officers, employees, managers, directors, customers, and agents (the “Indemnitees”) harmless from and against any and all costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any claim, suit, action, demand or proceeding brought by any third party against Sunny Valley and our Indemnitees arising from any of the following: (i) a breach of this Agreement; (ii) the negligence, fraud, or willful misconduct of you or your employees, agents, or contractors; (iii) incorrect information provided by you in your account or elsewhere; or (iv) a failure by you or your employees, agents, contractors or invitees to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Your access to and use of our Website, Platform, and Software or any content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that our Website, Platform, and Software are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no warranty or representation and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of our Website, Platform, or Software or any content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of our Website, Platform, or Software or any content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content and other communications maintained by our Website, Platform, or Software; and (iv) whether our Website, Platform, or Software will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from us or through our Website, Platform, or Software, will create any warranty or representation not expressly made herein.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SUNNY VALLEY BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT CREATED OR POSTED BY OUR USERS FOR, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF SUCH CONTENT. THE CONTENT IS SOLELY CREATED BY OUR USERS, AND SUNNY VALLEY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL ROLE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE CREATION OR POSTING OF SUCH CONTENT. SIMILARILY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SUNNY VALLEY BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ISSUES, TECHNICAL ERRORS, SUPPORT, OR DEFICIENCES RELATED TO OR CAUSED BY ANY EXTERNAL OR THIRD-PARTY TOOL OR PRODUCT THAT IS INTEGRATED BY THE USER INTO THE WEBSITE, PLATFORM, SOFTWARE, OR ANY OTHER SUNNY VALLEY PRODUCT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THIRD PARTY DATABASES SUCH AS ELASTICSEARCH, MONGODB OR SQLITE INTEGRATED DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS.
You acknowledge and agree that, in no event will Sunny Valley be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special, or consequential damages whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise arising out of this Agreement, or the use of, or the inability to use, our Website, Platform, or Software, including, without limitation, any information made available through our Website, Platform, or Software pursuant to this Agreement. In the event the foregoing limitation of liability is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, then the maximum liability for all claims of every kind will not exceed one times (1x) the aggregate of payments received under this Agreement. The foregoing limitation of liability will cover, without limitation, any technical malfunction, computer error or loss of data, and any other injury arising from the use of our Website, Platform, or Software. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. To the extent that Sunny Valley may not disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of Sunny Valley’s liability will be the minimum permitted under applicable law.
You may terminate this binding legal Agreement with Sunny Valley by providing thirty (30) days prior written notice, with a possible termination charge.
All sections, which by their nature and context are intended to survive the termination of this Agreement, will survive.
If you believe that any content on our Website, Platform, or Software violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA Takedown Notice”)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
Sunny Valley’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Salih Yilmaz at [email protected] and at Sunny Valley Cyber Security Inc., Attn: DMCA Notice, 19925 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 100, Cupertino CA 95014 United States. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by Sunny Valley in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
This Agreement is only for your benefit. You shall have no right to assign this Agreement or any benefits or obligation hereunder to any other party or legal entity. Any attempted assignment shall be void.
You agree not to promote, approach, use, distribute, transfer, provide, sub-license, share with, or otherwise offer our Website, Platform, or Software in violation of any laws or this Agreement, including, without limitation, the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act and similar anti-corruption statutes in all jurisdictions. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not knowingly directly or indirectly export, re-export, transfer, make available or release (collectively, “Export”) our Website, Platform, or Software to any destination, person, entity or end-use prohibited or restricted under the US law without prior US government authorization to the extent required by the applicable export control regulations, including without limitation, to any parties listed on any of the denied parties lists or specially designated nationals lists maintained under the Export Administration Regulations or the Security, and the Foreign Asset Control Regulations (31 CFR 500 et seq.) administered by the US Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control without appropriate US government authorization to the extent required by the applicable regulations.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify this Agreement at any time. In the event, we modify the terms of this Agreement, such modifications shall be binding on you only upon your acceptance of the modified Agreement. We will inform you about the modifications via email, on our Website, Platform, or Software by posting a modified version of this page, or by a comparable means within a reasonable time period. Your continued use of our Website, Platform, or Software shall constitute your consent to such changes.
The parties hereto are independent contractors, and nothing contained herein shall be interpreted as creating any relationship other than that of independent contracting parties. The parties shall not be construed as being partners, joint ventures, shareholders, employer/employee, or agent/servant. The User has no power or authority to bind Sunny Valley to any obligation, agreement, debt or liability. The User shall not hold itself out as an agent or representative of Sunny Valley.
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of Delaware, without respect to its conflicts of laws principles. Each of the parties to this Agreement consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California for any actions not subject to Dispute Resolution and Arbitration provisions as set forth in Section 22.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH SUNNY VALLEY AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
Except for any disputes, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, demands or proceedings (collectively, “Disputes”) in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and Sunny Valley agree (a) to waive your and Sunny Valley’s respective rights to have any and all Disputes arising from or related to this Agreement, use of our Website, Platform, or Software resolved in a court, and (b) to waive your and Sunny Valley’s respective rights to a jury trial. Instead, you and Sunny Valley agree to arbitrate Disputes through binding arbitration (which is the referral of a Dispute to one or more persons charged with reviewing the Dispute and making a final and binding determination to resolve it instead of having the Dispute decided by a judge or a jury in court).
You and Sunny Valley agree that any Dispute arising out of or related to these Terms of Service or use or access of our Website, Platform, or Software is personal to you and Sunny Valley and that such Dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. You and Sunny Valley agree that there will be no class arbitration or arbitration in which an individual attempts to resolve a Dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, you and Sunny Valley agree that a Dispute cannot be brought as a class or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals.
You and Sunny Valley agree that these Terms of Service affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section shall be both substantively and procedurally governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
You and Sunny Valley agree that each party will notify the other party in writing of any arbitral or small claims Dispute within thirty (30) days of the date it arises, so that the parties can attempt in good faith to resolve the Dispute informally. Notice to Sunny Valley shall be sent by certified mail or courier to Sunny Valley Cyber Security Inc., Attn: Legal Manager, 19925 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 100, Cupertino CA 95014 United States. Your notice must include (a) your name, postal address, telephone number, the email address you use or used for your Sunny Valley account and, if different, an email address at which you can be contacted, (b) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (c) the specific relief that you are seeking. Our notice to you will be sent electronically in accordance with this Agreement and will include (x) our name, postal address, telephone number and an email address at which we can be contacted with respect to the Dispute, (y) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (z) the specific relief that we are seeking. If you and Sunny Valley cannot agree how to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after the date notice is received by the applicable party, then either you or Sunny Valley may, as appropriate and in accordance with this Section, commence an arbitration proceeding.
EXCEPT FOR DISPUTES IN WHICH EITHER PARTY SEEKS TO BRING AN INDIVIDUAL ACTION IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT OR SEEKS INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF FOR THE ALLEGED UNLAWFUL USE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES, LOGOS, TRADE SECRETS OR PATENTS, YOU AND SUNNY VALLEY AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE MUST BE COMMENCED OR FILED BY YOU OR SUNNY VALLEY WITHIN (1) YEAR OF THE DATE THE DISPUTE AROSE, OTHERWISE THE UNDERLYING CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED (WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AND SUNNY VALLEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSERT SUCH CLAIM REGARDING THE DISPUTE). You and Sunny Valley agree that (a) any arbitration will occur in Santa Clara County, California, (b) arbitration will be conducted confidentially by a single arbitrator in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section, and (c) that the state or federal courts of the State of California, have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award. You may also litigate a Dispute in the small claims court located in the county of your billing address if the Dispute meets the requirements to be heard in small claims court.
As limited by the FAA, these Terms of Service and the applicable AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have (a) the exclusive authority and jurisdiction to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding a Dispute, including the determination of whether a Dispute is arbitral, and (b) the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms of Service. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding, or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or the applicable AAA Rules, discovery in the arbitration shall be limited to one set of interrogatories, one set of requests for admissions, and one set of requests for production of documents.
The arbitrator’s award of damages must be consistent with the terms of the “Limitation of Liability” section above as to the types and amounts of damages for which a party may be held liable. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses, to the extent provided under applicable law. Sunny Valley and you agree that the prevailing party in the arbitration will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses, to the extent provided under applicable law.
The AAA Rules are available at https://www.adr.org/Rules or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. By agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service, you either (a) acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of AAA, or (b) waive your opportunity to read the rules of AAA and any claim that the rules of AAA are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
If any term, clause or provision of this Section is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by law, and all other terms, clauses and provisions of this Section will remain valid and enforceable. Further, the waivers set forth herein are severable from the other provisions of this Agreement and will remain valid and enforceable, except as prohibited by applicable law.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE DATE YOU FIRST ACCEPTED THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION BY WRITING TO: SUNNY VALLEY CYBER SECURITY INC., RE: OPT-OUT, 19925 STEVENS CREEK Blvd. Suite 100, CUPERTINO CA 95014 UNITED STATES. IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE, THE OPT OUT NOTICE MUST INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND CLEARLY INDICATE YOUR INTENT TO OPT OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION. BY OPTING OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION, YOU ARE AGREEING TO RESOLVE DISPUTES IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 21.