Sensei's rich reporting allows you both to see the overall network activity in a birds-eye view, and if you want to inspect in detail, you can filter any chart item and focus on to details.
To customize your report views, you can select the reporting criteria on the top right-hand side of the
You can select the metrics used to view the reports. Do you want to see how many sessions are created, or how many packets are transmitted, or the number of bytes transferred? You can select which information you want to see here. Available Reporting Metrics are:
Session: Number of connections / transactions.
Packet: Number of packets.
Volume: Number of bytes.
You can define a time interval for your report view. Available
Time Interval options are :
- Last 30 minutes
- Last 6 hours
- Last 12 hours
- Last 24 hours
- Last 72 hours
- Last week
This is the auto-refresh interval for the reports to automatically refresh with new data. The interval options are:
- 1 minute
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes and
- 1 hour
Reporting criteria are always visible on the report view configuration bar at the top of the report view page.
Figure 1. Report View Configuration Bar
The selected reporting metric is always visible on the report view configuration bar on the
Reports page. Also when you hover your mouse over a chart pane, selected reporting metric will be displayed underlined at the top right corner.
Figure 2. Viewing Reporting Metric
To change the reporting metric for the report view,
1. Click reporting metric drop-down menu (first button on the report view configuration bar)
2. Select the reporting metric that you want to view.
This will apply the selected metric to all report views and update all of the charts automatically.
Figure 3. Configuring Reporting Metric
You can also set a different metric for one/some of the charts. In other words, while reporting metric is selected as
Packet for all Report Views, you can set the metric as
Session for one/some of the charts.
To configure a different reporting metric for a chart,
1. Hover your mouse over the chart pane. This will display reporting metrics at the top right corner.
2. Select the reporting metric that you want to view on the chart. This will apply the selected metric and update the chart automatically.
To change the reporting time interval for the report view,
1. Click the time interval drop-down menu (second button on the report view configuration bar)
2. Select the time interval that you want to view.
This will apply the selected time interval to all report views and update all of the charts automatically.
Figure 4. Configuring Time Interval
By default, the charts are automatically refreshed every minute but you can increase the interval. The interval options are given above.
To change the refresh time interval for the report view,
1. Click the refresh time drop-down menu (last button on the report view configuration bar)
2. Select the time that you want to view.
This will apply the selected time interval to all report views. All of the charts will be updated in the newly selected refresh time.
Figure 5. Configuring Refresh Time
1. To apply a filter to the report view, select one of the chart panes.
For example, if you're on
Connections tab, you can try
App Categories Breakdown.
2. Hover your mouse over the filtering type on the right sight of the chart pane. This will display
For example, hover your mouse over
Secure Web Browsing.
Figure 6. Adding Filter
3. Click either
Exclude button. This will apply your filter to the current report page.
For example, click
Figure 7. Connections filtered out for Application Category = Secure Web Browsing
You can apply more than one filter to the report view. These filtering/exclude parameters are displayed on the top of the reporting page.
Figure 8. Connections filtered out for Application Category = Secure Web Browsing and Remote Hosts!=updates.sunnyvalley.io
To remove an applied filter/exclusion for a report, click on the x icon at the end of the filter/exclude parameter at the top of the report view.
Figure 9. Removing An Applied Filter For a Report