NordLynx is a next-generation VPN protocol that allows you to connect to VPN servers more quickly, enhance your connection speeds, and keep your personal data and online activities hidden. Nordlynx can be installed on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux devices.
After Jason A. Donenfeld, a security enthusiast created the WireGuard protocol in 2016, NordVPN owners (Tom Okma, Eimantas, and their two childhood friends) incorporated the invention onto their NordVPN system, giving rise to the birth of NordLynx.
NordLynx is created for protecting internet users from internet censorship, government surveillance, and other cyber predators.
NordLynx is a next-generation VPN protocol that allows you to connect to VPN servers more quickly, enhance your connection speeds, and keep your personal data and online activities hidden.
NordLynx is built on the WireGuard® protocol, which employs cutting-edge cryptography. It outperforms the current major VPN protocols in terms of speed. Nordlynx also uses NordVPN’s custom double Network Address Translation (NAT) system to protect privacy. The NordVPN double NAT method enables the establishment of a secure VPN connection without the storage of any identifying data on a server. Only while the session is active are dynamic local IP addresses assigned. User authentication is handled via a secure external database when the session is active.
Nordlynx is a newly developed VPN protocol and combines the advantages of many legacy VPN products. Security, Speed, Free Access, Compatibility, and Lightweight specs are the most notable advantages.
As with all VPN solutions, Nordlynx also has advantages and disadvantages. When we examine the pros and cons, it is seen that there are more advantages. We can explain a few of the main advantages that come to mind as follows.
NordVPN's custom double Network Address Translation (NAT) system and strict no-log policy ( no mandatory data retention laws and participating Five Eyes or Fourteen Eyes alliances)make security better than most VPN solutions. You are anonymous by the help of double NAT technology and due to the no-log policy, no one will be able to access your data. While using Nordlynx you don’t have to worry about security issues.
2- Performance and Speed
Thanks to the WireGuard® protocol, which is one of the main components of Nordlynx, it is better than many VPN solutions in terms of speed. WireGuard® takes NordLynx one step further in terms of speed, with an algorithm that contains up to one-tenth of the code of other VPN solutions.
NordLynx is a completely free NordVPN upgrade. It is included into NordVPN and does not require any additional fees. Existing users will not be charged any additional fees to utilize it, and new subscribers will not face any price increases.The NordLynx technology is available to you regardless of your NordVPN membership package.
NordVPN features software programs for all of the main operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. As a result, any device running any of those operating systems will be able to run NordLynx natively.
NordLynx has only 4,000 lines of code, making it 94 percent less than OpenVPN. Because it is so light, it consumes less battery and processing power.
The most important disadvantage that can be foreseen is closely related to the fact that it is a new technology. Nordlynx may have some bugs as well as many applications that are new
NordLynx (and WireGuard) may include problems or bugs, like with any new program. However, no serious problems have been recorded since the protocol's implementation.
You may be new to NordLynx and will require assistance in getting started. I've written up all of the necessary procedures for various platforms here. You'll find the necessary procedures below, regardless of your device or software.
To set up Nordlynx on Android devices follow these steps
- Get the NordVPN app for Android from the NordVPN website or the Google Play Store.
- In the top left-hand corner, click the App Settings button.
- Scroll down and select VPN Protocol.
- Choose NordLynx.
- Select any of the available VPN servers to connect to.
On Windows devices, you can set up Nordlynx by following the below steps
- Download the NordVPN Windows software from the NordVPN website.
- Locate the App Settings icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Auto-connect.
- Disable the option Select a VPN protocol and server automatically.
- Select VPN Protocol.
- From the drop-down option, choose NordLynx.
- Connect and start to use it
You can easily set up Nordlynx on iOS devices in 5 steps ;
- Download the NordVPN iOS app from the website or the app store on your device.
- Select the App Settings icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select VPN Protocol.
- Choose NordLynx.
- Connect to any of your preferred servers.
- Download and install the NordVPN software for Linux.
- Use the NordVPN app to navigate to and enable WireGuard.
- Enter the following instructions to connect to NordVPN:
nordvpn set technology nordlynxnordvpn c
- Download the NordVPN macOS software from the Apple App Store.
- Go to the app settings by tapping the App Settings button in the top left corner.
- Select General.
- Select VPN Protocol from the drop-down box.
- Choose NordLynx.
- Connect to NordVPN
Some most common troubleshooting tips will be useful before finishing the article
Figure 1. Nordlynx-No Internet Access
Change the server to which you are connecting. If it doesn't work, change the connection protocol: a) Switch to OpenVPN (TCP); b) Switch to Nordlynx. Your antivirus, firewall, or other security software might also be a problem
If you see a warning that says "Failed to reach NordLynx adapter" or "NordLynx Adapter cannot be reached," do the following:
Figure 2. Uninstall Nordlynx/TUN adapter
- Install the NordLynx/TUN network adapter once again.
- Unistall NordVPN network TUN
- Restart your device. When it's switched back on, download the latest TUN drivers from one of the sites below and follow the on-screen instructions. When you're finished, try connecting.
Figure 3. Unistall NordVPN network TUN