This guide will assist you in determining which subscription plan is best for you.
Two steps to make the right decision:
1. Decide which features you need.
2. Determine the number of devices on your network.
Each subscription plan (Free/Home/Soho/Business) has different features. Firstly, you need to look at plans & pricing page to find out which features you need.
Zenarmor(Sensei) Subscription plans have different tiers based on the number of devices protected:
- Zenarmor Home - Up to 100 Devices (non-commercial use)
- Zenarmor Soho - Up to 50 Devices
- Zenarmor Soho - Up to 100 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 25 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 50 devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 100 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 250 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 500 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 1000 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 2000 Devices
- Zenarmor Business - Up to 2000+ Devices
To specify the number of devices on your network;
Go to the upper right corner of the OPNsense Zenarmor GUI. There will be a Subscription Upgrade URL as in the screenshot below.
Figure 1. Upgrading to Premium Edition
Click on the
Upgrade to Premium link, to view the
Number of Unique Devices which is used for licensing.
Figure 2. Number of Unique Devices used for Subscription
Find the daily number of unique local ipv4 address count in the
Upgrade to Premium Subscription pane.
Number of Unique Devices will give you insight into the number of devices for which you should get help to decide the right subscription plan to select.
To find the number of devices on your network:
- Navigate to the
- Find the Number of Unique Devices on the
Figure 3. Number of Unique Devices used for Subscription on Zenarmor Cloud Portal GUI
Zenarmor doesn’t block the devices exceeding your licensed device count.
Exceeding the number of licensed devices by 10% does not pose a problem. If this threshold is exceeded, you will experience some performance losses. Please check the subscription plans to decide which plan meets your needs.
When you have an HA Cluster System and need automatic configuration synchronization, you must purchase a separate
Business subscription plan for each node. The HA Pair subscription is priced at 50% of the primary subscription plan.
Any License activation key can only be used on one node at a time. After activation of a license key in the firewall, when you reactivate the same key on another node, the license on the first node will be deactivated and will start running the engine with the
Before you make a decision on a subscription plan, take into account the highest number of devices you have observed on your OPNsense GUI or Cloud Portal to cover all devices in the subscription plan.
You can find a related FAQ here.