Sensei is an all-software instant firewall that can be deployed onto virtually anywhere.
Thanks to its appliance-free, all-in-one, all-software, light-weight and simple architecture, it can be instantly deployed onto any platform which has network access. Virtual or bare-metal. On-premise or Cloud. Any Cloud...
For open source firewalls; this technology delivers state-of-the-art, next-generation features not currently available in products such as OPNsense. If you are running an L4 firewall (all open source firewalls fall into this category) and need features such as Application Control, Network Analytics, and TLS Inspection, Sensei provides these features and more.
The underlying technology behind the product is a very light-weight yet powerful packet inspection core that can provide a wide variety of enterprise-grade network security functions.
Lightweight and powerful appliance-free technology allows organizations to launch instant firewalls on demand and easily secure environments as small as home networks or scale to multi-cloud deployments. It's as easy as launching an application.
Packet inspection core is powerful enough to protect against encrypted threats while also being so lightweight and nimble that it can even fit in very resource-constrained environments.
Deploy zero-latency security without backhauling data packets back and forth between POPs and datacenters.
Sensei’s single-pass architecture processes packets once and for all security controls.
The same security stack runs wherever deployed for an unprecedented level of consistency when applying security policies.
Inspect locally, analyze and manage centrally.
Cloud-based management provides control for all policies and network deployments.
Design policies independent of locations and devices and enforce them across all IT environments.
Aggregate and visualize all security telemetry from a single pane of glass. Start from an enterprise-level view and drill down to per-connection details.
- Application Control
- Cloud Application Control (Web 2.0 Controls)
- Advanced Network Analytics
- All-ports full TLS Inspection (for every TCP port, not just HTTPS) *Coming soon
- Cloud Threat Intelligence
- Encrypted Threats Prevention
- Web Filtering and Security
- User-based Filtering and Reporting
- Active Directory Integration
- Policy based filtering and QoS
- Application / Web category based Traffic Shaping and Prioritization
- Cloud based centralized management & reporting
Sensei is currently available for:
- OPNsense ® (OPNsense 19.x - 21.x, fully integrated into the OPNsense WebUI)
- FreeBSD ® (FreeBSD 11,12,13)
- pfSense ® software (pfSense 2.5.x)
- Debian Linux (Debian 10)
- Ubuntu Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 20.04 LTS)
- Centos Linux (Centos 7, 8)
- Alma Linux (AlmaLinux 1)
Sensei can deploy onto any Cloud environments either as a gateway or on a per-server basis.
Sensei offers a Free Edition and three paid subscription plans depending on your needs and budget:
The Free Edition is free of charge.
The following paid subscriptions provide a comprehensive set of next-generation firewall features:
- Home Edition
- SOHO Edition
- Business Edition
For a complete feature comparison see: Subscription Plans.